Femto.io - Custom Hardware Storefront
06/2012 - Current
- Designed and implemented Docker Compose DevOps stack for client teams.
- Run Femto.io while managing sales, engineering, customer support, social engagements, advertising, and order fulfilment.
- Engineer open source microcontroller board designs for Femto.io using AutoDesk EAGLE, which are considered some of the smallest open source hardware designs in the world.
- Designed and built the world’s smallest microcontrollers which enabled research labs such as MIT and UCLA to conduct research into Parkinsons, Muscular Dystrophy, human motor control, and vision assistance as seen on Forbes.
- Built the hardware, firmware, web application, 3D models, and Unity3D examples for the world’s smallest open source WiFi, LWMesh, Bluetooth, and Bluetooth Low Energy wireless IMU motion sensor boards as used by researchers at Dyson, Disney Research, Cirque du Soleil, Samsung, and Google.
- Design IoT systems around Microsoft Azure.
Sr. Web Developer
07/2014 - Current | Remote
- Implemented prototype application specifications into a functional prototype for Milwaukee Tool using Vue.js, Vuetify, Vuex, yarn, and vagrant. Provided application development consulting.
- Shipped initial front-end web application for Scener.com client that allowed users to share and annotate videos in a vein similar to Mystery Science Theater 3000 using PHP API back-end and Angular 4 front-end.
Live Nation Entertainment / Talener
Sr. Web Developer, Contractor
04/2014 - 07/2014 | San Francisco, CA
- Provided consultation and development services for Live Nation's merchandise CRM platform redesign using PHP, Zend Framework 2, and APIGility RESTful API design framework, providing a stable platform to expand merchandising features.
- Enhanced platform security through implementing CORS and OAuth2 support.
- Implemented a build and continuous testing routine for the new CRM platform, allowing a reliable and predictable release cycle through the use of Phing and Travis CI.
- Provided VM deployment and configuration consultation for the Live Nation IT team based on CentOS VMs.
- Built a new front-end and designed media editing tools for Live Nation's new CRM platform using Angular.js, node.js, and Karma/Jasmine Unit testing to provide a rich user interface made of complex components and services.
Smarty Ants Inc.
Senior Web Developer
2012-2013 | San Rafael, CA
- Integrated Recurly API to manage payment processing for subscriptions using PHP, MySQL, and the Recurly PHP API library
- Migrated Paypal subscriptions to Recurely, allowing for 0 missed subscription updates
- Built the Smarty Ants subscription administration dashboard, which allowed employees to manage all aspects of subscriptions, including customer support, subscription metrics, and back-office subscription administration in PHP5, Zend Framework, with HTML5 media controls and styled using CSS3
2009-2012 | Berkeley, CA
- Collaborated with a Senior Developer and the CEO to design the initial application.
- Provided consulting services to Customer Lobby in respect to prototype code upgrade paths, scaling, and subscription payment redundancy checks
- Built the contact management system using Zend Framework, HTML5, and CSS3, which would later be the cornerstone of Customer Lobby’s business pivot into a fast growing business
- Implemented business listing SEO and mapping for the Customer Lobby business listing system using Google Maps API, and micro formatting
- Stabilized and grew the Customer Lobby subscription payment intake system using the Cybersource API libraries
Technology Keyword List
Agile, Apache2, API, Arduino, Amazon AWS, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Azure IoT Hub
C#, C++, C, Continuous Integration (CI)
DevOps, Docker, Docker Compose, Domain administration, DNS
eCommerce, Express.js, ESP32
Git, GitHub, GitLab
Material UI, MicroPython, MongoDB, MySQL
NGINX, NodeJS, npm, nvm
Payment Gateways, PayPal, Progressive Web App (PWA), Python 3, pip
SASS, SCSS, Single Page Application (SPA), SQL, Server Side Rendering, Stripe
Vagrant, Vue, Vuetify, Vuexy